DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Mercedes-Benz Singapore Pte. Ltd., Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Singapore Ltd. (MBFS), Mercedes-Benz Fleet Management Singapore Pte. Ltd. (MBFM) and/or related or affiliated entities (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
In the event that you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your family, friends and/or employees), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party for us to process their personal data in accordance with this Notice.
1. As used in this Notice, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your personal particulars such as your name, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, as well as (but not limited to) your nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information (including images and voice recordings of our conversations with you), employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information, personal opinions made known to us (e.g. feedback or responses to surveys), records of any contact you have with us (such as messages and documents provided by you), device type, cookies, unique device identifier, and IP address.
3. Whenever you visit our websites, we store certain information about the browser and operating system you are using; the date and time of your visit; the status of the interaction (e.g. whether you were able to access the website or received an error message); the usage of features on the website; any search phrases you entered; how often you visit individual websites; the names of the files you access; the amount of data transferred; the Web page from which you accessed our website; and the webpage you visited after visiting our website, whether by clicking links on our websites or entering a domain directly into the input field of the same tab (or window) of the browser in which you have our websites open. In addition, we store your IP address and the name of your Internet service provider. This is for security reasons; in particular, to prevent and detect attacks on our websites or attempts at fraud.
4. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
5. We may collect your personal data in the following manner and sources:
(a) When you register a user account on our websites and/or applications;
(b) When you browse websites and/or applications, including cookies used on our websites and/or applications;
(c) When you contact us through various methods such as application forms, emails and letters, social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp Business, via chat or messaging functions, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff and or authorized agents. If you contact us or we contact you using any telecommunications platform, we may monitor or record the telephone call for quality assurance, training and security purposes;
(d) When you book a service appointment online. Please refer to Annex 1 below for details regarding our collection and use of your personal data in such a case;
(e) When you participate in any surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers, promotions or otherwise interact with us online or offline via an appointed third party service provider or agent;
(f) When you commence a business relationship with us or when you enter into any commercial transactions with us;
(g) From such other third-party sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted;
(h) From publicly available sources.
6. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending you marketing information about Mercedes-Benz products or services including notifying you of marketing events, initiatives, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions relating to such Mercedes-Benz products or services;
(g) carrying out surveys, research, planning and statistical analysis or analytics for the purposes of developing or improving Mercedes-Benz products, services, security, service quality, and advertising strategies;
(h) monitoring products and services provided by or made available through us;
(i) communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products, services and banking facilities (whether made available by us or through us) including any additions, expansions, suspensions and replacements of or to such products, services and banking facilities and their terms and conditions;
(j) technical administration, operation optimisation and/or security of our websites and/or applications;
(k) enforcing obligations owed to us;
(l) seeking professional advice, including legal advice;
(m) internal record-keeping or investigations and protecting our IT systems against attacks and other unlawful activities;
(n) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority or for any other legal purposes;
(o) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(p) transmitting to any personnel of Mercedes-Benz group entities or to our third party service providers and agents, our authorised dealer representatives and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(q) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
7. We may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data to any personnel of Mercedes-Benz group entities or to third party service providers and agents, our authorised dealer representatives, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, in order to carry out the purposes set out in the terms and conditions herein. Please be assured that when we disclose your personal data to such parties, we require them to ensure that any personal data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.
(a) For more information about the data sharing between Mercedes-Benz Singapore Pte. Ltd., Mercedes-Benz AG, Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG for the purpose of analysis and marketing please click here. This refers to activities on this specific Mercedes-Benz website only in case you have granted consent for this purpose and data sharing with Mercedes-Benz AG and Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG.
8. We wish to emphasise that we do not sell personal data to any third parties and we shall remain fully compliant of any duty or obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreement(s) and/or terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer or any applicable law.
9. We may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside Singapore. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
10. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
11. You may also find further information regarding recipients of personal data and decision-making options on our consent management system here.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
12. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
14. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Certain features of our websites may depend on the sharing or personal information, and if you do not provide your personal information in such cases, you may not be able to use those features, or they may be available with limited functionality. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 12 above.
15. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
16. In order to provide you with effective and continuous products and services, it is required that you provide us with accurate and complete personal data, failing which we may not be able to process your application. We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information provided by you. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
17. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
18. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
19. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures to secure storage transmission of personal data by us. We take technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your information managed by us from being tampered with, lost, destroyed or accessed by authorized individuals. We are continuously improving our security measures in line with technological advancements.
20. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Further, there may be situations where you are linked to external websites while using our website, which we shall not be held responsible for the data policies procedures, or content of these external sites. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
21. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
22. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
23. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
24. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make a relevant request regarding your personal data, in the following manner:
For queries relating to Mercedes-Benz Singapore:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries relating to Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Singapore and Mercedes-Benz Fleet Management Singapore:
Email address: email@example.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
25. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
26. By browsing our websites, clicking ‘I Agree’ or ‘ Submit’, or submitting any form on our web page or application which links or makes reference to this Notice, you hereby consent to the use of your personal data as set out in this Notice as may be amended from time to time. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes. Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication from us, you consent to the use of that personal data as set out in this Notice. You may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND OFFERS
27. This Notice does not apply to your activities on third party websites including social networks or other providers that can be accessed or linked from our websites. Please read the data protection provisions on the websites of those providers.
28. Our websites may also contain third-party offers. If you click on any such offers, we transfer data to the respective provider to the extent provided (e.g. the fact that you found the offer on our website and, if applicable, additional information that you have already provided for this purpose on our websites).
29. We may use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ on our websites. When you visit our websites, these buttons are deactivated, i.e. no data is transmitted to the respective social networks. If you want to use one of the networks, click on the respective social plug-in to establish a direct connection to the server of the respective network.
30. If you have a user account on the network and are logged in when you activate the social plug-in, the network can associate your visit to our websites with your user account. If you want to avoid this, please log out of the network before activating the social plug-in. A social network cannot associate a visit to other Mercedes-Benz websites until you have activated an existing social plug-in.
31. When you activate a social plug-in, the network transfers the content that becomes available directly to your browser, which integrates it into our websites. In this situation, data transmissions can also take place that are initiated and controlled by the respective social network. Your connection to a social network, the data transfers taking place between the network and your system, and your interactions on that platform are governed solely by the privacy policies of that network. The social plug-in remains active until you deactivate it or delete your cookies (kindly see below section on “Cookies”).
ANALYSIS OF USER DATA AND USE OF ANALYTICS TOOLS
32. We use Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics products in order to be able to detect visitors´ preferences and particularly popular parts of our internet offer. This enables us to provide content that is more accurately suited to your needs, and in so doing improve our service and offerings.
33. If you do not want us to collect, save and analyse information on your visit and if you do not want to receive information on our websites in line with your interests either you may opt out of this at any time for the future by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided above.
USER-BASED INFORMATION (TARGETING AND RETARGETING)
34. We use what are known as retargeting technologies in order to be able to match our online marketing (e.g. banner advertising) more specifically to your requirements and interests on the websites of our retargeting partners (including but not limited to Flashtalking, Google Adwords, Google Doubleclick, Vivaki, Salesforce DMP and Adobe Target). Your interest in our products and services is stored in cookies to this end. These cookies are processed and used when visiting other websites which cooperate with our retargeting partners, in order to be able to provide you with information related as closely as possible to your interests. You cannot be easily identified through retargeting.
35. If you do not want us or our retargeting partners to collect, save and analyse information about your visit, or to match banner advertising to your interests, you may opt out of this at any time for the future by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided above.
36. Cookies may be used when you are visiting our websites. Technically, these are so-called HTML cookies and similar software tools such as Web/DOM Storage or Local Shared Objects (so-called "Flash cookies"), which we collectively refer to as cookies.
37. Cookies are small files that are stored on your desktop, notebook or mobile device while you visit a website. Cookies make it possible, for example, to determine whether there has already been a connection between the device and the websites; take into account your preferred language or other settings, offer you certain certain functions (e.g. online shop, vehicle configurator) or recognize your usage-based interests. Cookies may also contain personal data.
40. The consent to, and rejection or deletion of, cookies are tied to the device and also to the respective web browser you use. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you can make decisions or settings differently.
Mercedes-Benz AG's Central Registration Service (Mercedes me ID)
ANNEX 1: ONLINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
43. You have two options when scheduling an appointment online:
(a) You can book an appointment as a guest on our website.
(b) You can book an appointment with your Mercedes me account.
44. We will collect and process your personal data regardless of whether you schedule the appointment as a guest or using your Mercedes me account. If you book an appointment using your Mercedes me account, you may see various input fields automatically prepopulated with your information.
45. If you book a service appointment using the online scheduling process, we will collect and process, in particular, the following personal information belonging to you:
(a) Customer's master data – in particular, the customer's name
(b) Contact data belonging to the customer – in particular, the customer's address, telephone number and e-mail address
(c) Vehicle data – particularly, the vehicle identification number (VIN), model, license plate number and kilometer reading
(d) Any other data you send us using the comment field
46. You are neither legally nor contractually required to provide us with the data specified above. However, you will not be able to schedule a service appointment unless you enter and transmit the data.
47. No automated decision-making or profiling will take place on the basis of the data transmitted.
48. If you book a service appointment online, your personal data will also be shared with your chosen Mercedes-Benz partner for additional planning and preparation for your service appointment.
Purpose of Use
49. When you book a service appointment online, your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
(a) Once your reservation is completed, the data will be shared with select Mercedes-Benz partners so they can schedule and prepare your service appointment.
(b) The services and prices offered will be matched with your vehicle so they can be displayed on the scheduling page.
(c) You will be provided with an alternative vehicle selection based on your license plate number instead of the VIN.
(d) It will enable simplified login based on your VIN (when booking via your Mercedes me account) and the associated sending of a TAN as a security feature.
(e) It will enable simplified booking by prepopulating the scheduling page using an offer from the preferred Mercedes-Benz partner so that all you need to do is pick a service date.
50. Your data can also be processed for purposes of product development, product monitoring and safety, product defense and quality assurance as well as for risk and cost control.
51. We will also process the collected data for the purpose of analysis as part of the development and improvement of products (particularly vehicle parts, vehicle software and services such as Mercedes me connect) as well as of internal processes and systems for the purpose of risk and cost control and purposes of product monitoring and safety and quality assurance.
52. Furthermore, we will use your data to conduct typical after-sales and business analytics evaluations (e.g. to verify the cost effectiveness of our services and products or to determine how many products of a certain type have been sold in a country or to validate its pricing models).
53. To enable us to perform the described analyses and evaluations, your data may be combined with other information on the vehicle being serviced, its model, series, features, parts and components already known to us as well as data collected by us for the same purpose (e.g. Mercedes me connect, production and delivery information, plus services provided by us).
54. The data transmitted may also be used by us in anonymized form for other purposes of processing – for example, statistics, business analyses and analyses of business and cost control, billing and product improvement in addition to improving our internal and sales processes. In this instance, it will no longer be possible to attribute the data to a specific individual.
55. Furthermore, we reserve the right to use the data to defend ourselves when facing claims asserted against us or our affiliated companies by you or third parties on the basis of a warranty, warranty rights or other (alleged) defect in our products or services (e.g. so that we can prove that a product was not defective, referred to as "product defense").
Last updated : 25 September 2023
All rights reserved. All text, images, graphics, audio/video and animation files and their arrangements are protected by copyright and other legislation for the protection of intellectual property. They must not be used for commercial purposes, nor copied or modified for use on other websites. Some web pages of Mercedes-Benz Group AG (“Mercedes-Benz”), which Mercedes-Benz Singapore Pte. Ltd, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Singapore Ltd, and Mercedes-Benz Fleet Management Singapore Pte. Ltd are part of, also contain material which is subject to the copyright of those who made it available.
Some of the product information, illustrations and images contained on this Internet site may have been prepared for generic use on Mercedes-Benz Internet sites maintained in different countries around the world. Consequently, some of the information and/or accessories are not available in some countries or, in order to satisfy local market demand or regulatory controls in such countries, may only be available in different specifications or configurations.
If you are interested in any vehicle model, paint, option or accessory shown on the Internet site and are unsure of its availability or specification in your locality, you should contact Mercedes-Benz and/or a local authorized dealer for the relevant product, for information of current details in your locality.
All prices specified are recommended retail prices. Prices are current at the time of publication and subject to change without notice.
Unless otherwise indicated, all brands displayed on Mercedes-Benz Internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Mercedes-Benz, this applies especially to its model names, and its corporate logos and emblems.
Mercedes-Benz has sought to achieve an innovative and informative Internet site. We hope that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, we hope you understand that Mercedes-Benz must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby on notice that neither this Internet site, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a licence to Mercedes-Benz’s intellectual property.
Cautions regarding forward-looking statements
Internet pages, investor relations releases, annual and interim reports, outlooks, presentations, audio and video files of events (live or recorded) and other documents on this website contain among other things forward-looking statements that reflect management's current views with respect to future events. The words "anticipate", "assume", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan,“ "project“, "should“ and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties. Examples may include an economic downturn, changes in currency exchange rates, interest rates and raw material prices, introduction of competing products, increased sales incentives, the successful implementation of the new business model for smart, delivery delays for production materials owing to supply bottlenecks, strikes or supplier insolvencies, and a decline in resale prices of used vehicles. Should one of these uncertainties or other difficulties (some of them are described under the heading "Risk report" in the current Mercedes-Benz annual report plus under the heading "Risk Factors" in the current Mercedes-Benz annual report in Form 20-F, which was submitted to the U.S. securities and stock exchange commission) arise or the assumptions based on the statements turn out to be incorrect, the actual results could significantly differ from the results mentioned in these statements or implicitly expressed. We do not intend or assume any obligation to continuously update any forward-looking statement, which solely reflects the circumstances on the day of publication.
No warranties or representations
The information on this Internet site is provided by Mercedes-Benz "as is" and to the extent permitted by law, is provided without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, or non-infringement. While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies.
This Internet site contains links to external sites, which are not under the control of Mercedes-Benz. Therefore we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. Mercedes-Benz is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Mercedes-Benz of the linked site.