Drive intelligently, save fuel.
Efficiency optimisations through driving style.
With your personal driving style you can significantly reduce the fuel consumption of your vehicle – and therefore the burden on the environment.
A few tips for fuel-efficient driving:
- Exercise foresight when driving and avoid powerful acceleration and braking wherever possible: incidentally, this can also prevent traffic jams from developing.
- Avoid cold starts and short-distance trips, as the engine requires the most fuel at the start of a journey.
- Shift up early and down late or in automatic transmissions select the "ECO" drive programme.
- Always keep an eye on the tyre pressure, as tyre pressure that is too low increases fuel consumption.
- Make your air conditioning's job easier by starting your journey with open windows on hot days, for example, and therefore somewhat reducing the vehicle interior temperature.
- Get rid of any unnecessary ballast, for every kilogram that's transported in your load compartment costs additional fuel.
If you would like to find out even more about fuel-efficient driving, you are welcome to take part in our eco training courses.